A/N: YOU are probably reading this (by YOU, I mean someone in particular), but I don't really mind if YOU do manage to read this, just saying what's currently on my mind.
Huh, what do you know? I managed to get through 97 fucking days after what happened between us.
Oh and look at that, how convenient. The 100th day is on Feb 5. Effin great.
What transpired 97 days ago wasn't really the best moment of my life. Admittedly, I somewhat doubt it was any better for you. Sure it might have lifted some load off, but the transition wasn't really the best that it could've.
So for around 2 months after that, I was still pondering over what happened and why it happened. My friends all say this particular reason, yet you counter with your side of the story. This is where the conflicts begin. Who do I believe, my closest friends for 3 years and counting, or you, the only one whom I disclosed every possible detail about my life to, the one who was with me through thick and thin, even for just the past few months prior to the "event", the one who made me feel genuinely happy for the time being?
So for those 2 months, I stuck with my gut, denying my friends' claims about you, still hoping there was this chance to redeem what was lost, to reinstate what we used to have. I don't have the slightest clue what, but something snapped inside of me. There was this sudden realization that no matter what happened, it was only just that. Happened. No point in trying to piece it all back together. Whatever happened, happened. No turning back. No regrets.
They keep on saying that you weren't really the best for me, that I could've done better. And I could easily say that yes, they are probably right. I could've done better. I should have done better. You weren't the best for me. And I wasn't the best for you. There are plenty others who could replace you, although there's no denying the fact that there will always be a place for you in me.
There was always this nagging feeling that you could only be using me as a rebound. I keep on pushing the thought away, yet the possibility in my mind is so high that it can't just be pushed away.
Even after all this, I realized that you were only really meant to be my best friend. One of the only ones I could really call that without a shadow of a doubt.
A/N: Should've been posted two days ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment