Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 2 - Second Year Section

Huh, what do you know? I'm still here.

They say the Second year in Pisay is the hardest, being the year with the most units and consequently, more requirements. But in all entirety, it's not. You don't have to do research and write a valid scientific paper about it, you don't have CAT which takes up your Friday afternoons plus some other times for required community service, you don't have to worry about actually reading up ahead to get credit for 25% of your final grade, and most importantly, you don't have to balance all of these and more constantly throughout a year.

Most of my classmates from second year would say that they'd rather be in another section, almost everyone disliked the section. But for me it's a different story, second year cemented almost everything I've been building up since first year. It made for a huge turning point for me, although it may not seem so, though I won't be writing much about that, so yeah.

One of the things I loved the most about Sampa is our Mayroong 5, the group that I was in that originated from the deep taverns of the Math unit. Originally consisting of 6 members (cause, well, personal relationships of a group's member makes for transitive membership, right?), namely me, Marlo, Leif, Alkie, Ryan + Angelei, it was one of the most whacked up group then. But it was this sense of randomness that kept me there. Sadly, the group has disbanded by the end of the year, and Ryan and Alkie went off their separate ways. (Details of the story are not to be mentioned here)

Despite the lack of chemistry within the class and the heavy stratification of the people in it, it still doesn't make the cut for my worse section. I have enough space in my heart left for this section to last me for a while.

Til we meet again (you know, on March 24) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment