Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Delta-Life Moments - Blue or Maroon?

A/N: This is technically not an advanced post since I've been writing a few hours late for the pat few days. Anyway, this is Day 4 of my Delta-Life Moments Challenge (otherwise known as the Life Changing Moments Challenge, the challenge right after the supposed doomsday)

Coming from the premiere science high school in the country, not to brag, but statistically, it should come to no surprise that I end up with a decision on where to go for college. So far, I have to make the choice between UP, Ateneo, UST and Mapua. But the way to UST and Mapua is filled with traffic on top of it being very far from home in the first place, so it's out of the list. Now, I have to make the choice between the two remaining.

If I choose Ateneo, I would be taking up a five-year course in Applied Mathematics and Finance. But what's so special that made it a five-year course is that the fifth year serves as my masteral year. Which means that I would have a Masters degree by the time I finish the five-year course.

If I choose UP, I would also be taking up a five-year course, but in Chemical Engineering. Admittedly, I'd like Math better than Chemistry, and engineering for that matter. So when it comes to the course, I'd definitely go to Ateneo.

Being both along Katipunan, or at least their entrances, they're pretty much easily accessible, so commuting will not be much of a difference between the two.

I have my share of friends both in Ateneo and in UP. Plus, I have one best friend in each university. But one person could make all the difference in the world.

Yes, Angelei would be studying in UP, taking up Biology for four years. If ever I choose to go to Ateneo, I could still probably go and visit. But still, being in the same school is way different from just visiting.

So yeah, eventually I make my choice of going to UP. And now, for almost a semester and a half, I'm still here. Things may have been better if I went to Ateneo, but that's all behind me now. For now, I still have around four and a half years of studying, four and a half years in UP, and more importantly, four and a half years more to spend with her in UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment