Will you join in our crusade?Those words echoed in the auditorium as the musicale draws to a close. The chorus sung with such intensity sent chills to everyone listening to it. It left the audience in awe, even after the curtains closed in.
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world we long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes
When your girlfriend is in a major musical production, you should show your support. Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of musicals, I had to at least be there for her during late practices and rehearsals. But what I saw during those rehearsals changed the way I think about musicals forever.
As the cast practiced to stage one of the greatest musicals in the world, Les Miserables, you can't help but get lost in the music. Every lyric, every rhythm, it enslaves you and brings you to a different world. And I did not expect it to be this good.
By the time of the first show of the musicale, I got myself a seat in the front. Apparently, it was reserved just for me. When the first notes started to blast through the speakers, the audience was caught in a trance. Everyone was listening in anticipation. The songs makes you either want to sing your heart's content, or make you cry with the power of the song. And I was there, sitting in awe. Words can't describe what I was feeling as I watched and listened to the entire musicale. Saying it was wonderful couldn't even cut it.
From then, my curiosity of the musicale grew even more. And soon, I found myself listening to Cameron MacKintosh's production of the Les Miserables for it's 25th Anniversary over and over again. And I still do.
Now, I await in anticipation for the movie adaption of the musical. Sadly, it is to be premiered only on January 16th here due to the Metro Manila Film Festival. Oh well.
A/N: This is the 6th day in the challenge. And forgive me if it seems weird and all, the way I write. I mean, it's already 12:30 in the morning anyway. I should really work on these challenges much earlier. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment